Navigate Up
Sign In
You are here: Skip Navigation LinksENABLE Scotland > Families > Over 18 > Adult services

Adult services

Adult services
Once people who have learning difficulties reach 18 they may be eligible to receive adult community care services. This is arranged through your local authority social work department – though it will probably be another agency that actually provides any support service.
If you or your child and family received support from the local authority education or children’s services then there should have been a planned transition into adult services during the person’s last years at school.
Some adults do not have contact with local authority services until they are older. Others may stop getting social work support for a time and then need to look for support later – possibly after leaving college or because of another life change. In these pages you can find out more about accessing adult services including community care, getting assessed and paying for services.

ENABLE Scotland,INSPIRE House,3 Renshaw Place,Eurocentral,N Lanarkshire,ML1 4UF.Tel: 01698 737 000. Registered Charity Number SC009024

ENABLE Scotland is a partner in the Scottish Consortium for Learning Disability SCLD Site Admin