Join our SKETCH Toy Library
Our SKETCH toy library in East Dunbartonshire offers parents and groups the chance to borrow toys free. Membership is open to:
- Any parent or family living in East Dunbartonshire;
- Any voluntary child care group;
- Registered child minders;
- Temporary foster carers;
- Any family or group with children with special needs or a disability;
- Any family referred by a recognised agency such as health visitor or social worker;
- Family support groups;
- Crèches, play groups, Nurseries, Schools; and
- After School Clubs.
Resources available include toys, books, games and topic/discovery boxes for children from birth to 11 years. The Toy Library also holds a selection of sensory toys which are suitable for children with additional support needs but engage many children’s interests.
Everything is free – all we ask is people take care of anything they borrow.
We open once a week (during term time) at three main bases in East Dunbartonshire, and we also visit special schools, early years centres, out of school care services, childminding groups, and post-natal baby clinics.
For more details about the library, or to join, please contact the Toy Library Coordinator by emailing email@example.com
or calling 07889 456 576
Have you any toys your children have outgrown and don’t play with any more? Are they in good repair? Donate them to the SKETCH Toy Library for other children to enjoy!
Come and Meet Us
The Toy Library is open at the following venues in East Dunbartonshire (*during term time only). We also visit special schools, early years centres, out of school care services, child-minding groups, and post-natal baby clinics.
Parents and children can visit any venue, so come along and borrow some toys!
- Hillhead Community Centre, Meiklehill Road, Kirkintilloch: Every Thursday 10.00am - 12.00pm
- *Auchinairn Nursery, Beech Road, Bishopbriggs: 1st & 3rd Monday of the month 11.30am - 12.30pm
- *Castlehill Primary School, Rosslyn Road, Bearsden: Tuesdays 11.30am - 1.00pm
(Except the last Tuesday of every month when we are open from 2.45pm - 3.45pm)
- *Twechar Primary School, Twechar: Wednesdays 11.15am - 12.30pm
- Lenzie Childminding Group, St. Cyprians Church Hall, Lenzie: 2nd Tuesday of the month 9.30am—10.30am
- *Campsie View School: Last Friday of the month 10.00am - 11.30am
- Kirkintilloch Baby Clinic: 1st Thursday of every month 9.30am – 11.30am