Please be aware that the current Government Guidance is NOT to go to the GP or call NHS 24 if you believe you have the virus.
The guidance now asks only to contact either your GP or NHS 24 if symptoms are severe.
A free helpline has been set up for people who do not have symptoms but are looking for general advice: 0800 028 2816.
The position, as of 24 March, is that people should leave home only for:
- Shopping for basic necessities
- One form of exercise a day
- Any medical need/care for a vulnerable person
- Travelling to and from work, only if absolutely necessary
If you would like to know more about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) please contact Mhairi – email@example.com
Other useful websites for up-to-date advice and information around Coronavirus:
- Scottish Government workplace Advice: https://www.gov.scot/news/workplace-advice-contained-in-new-coronavirus-guidance/
- NHS: https://hpspubsrepo.blob.core.windows.net/hps-website/nss/2973/documents/1_COVID-19-Guidance-for-non-healthcare-settings.pdf
- UK Government: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-social-or-community-care-and-residential-settings-on-covid-19/guidance-for-social-or-community-care-and-residential-settings-on-covid-19
- UK Government Travel Advice: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
- Ready Scotland: Preparing for and dealing with emergencies: https://www.readyscotland.org/coronavirus/
- Citizens Advice Scotland: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/scotland/health/coronavirus-what-it-means-for-you-s/
- SCVO: Coronavirus Third Sector Information HUB: https://scvo.org.uk/support/coronavirus
- The Scottish Association for Mental Health (SAMH): https://www.samh.org.uk/about-mental-health/self-help-and-wellbeing/coronavirus-and-your-mental-wellbeing