Support with knowing your rights
At ENABLE Scotland we’ve seen how human rights driven self-directed social care can transform lives.
That’s why we fight so hard for it.
We’re proud to offer models of care that focus on the individual and operate Scotland’s only dedicated self-directed support adviser and caseworker service, Family Connect. Through this service we off we offer free specialist advice and support to any individual or family living across Scotland.
The self-directed support (SDS) project started in Fife, where it was hugely successful in supporting hundreds of individuals with learning disabilities and their families.
During the pandemic we expanded that work at speed and now we are delighted to be able to offer support to many more families through our digital connects programme. ENABLE Scotland’s national self-directed support service is the first national advice line available to individuals, carers and family members right across Scotland.
What support can the Self-directed Support National Service offer you?
- Free telephone advice and support
- Accessible SDS advice and guidance in a way you can trust and understand
- Online information sessions and peer discussions
- 1:1 support with no time limit
- Ongoing casework support for more complex cases
- Support in understanding the four budget options and what they can mean for you and your family
- Support with assessments, reviews and person-centred planning
- Speaking on your behalf or representing you with social work, school, health or with other professional meetings (Being your voice and back up)
- Empowering you to positively challenge decision makers
- Help to use your social care budget more creatively
- Empowering you to take control of your support and find the things that are really important to you and your life
- Raising Awareness of SDS everywhere in Scotland
If you think we could help you call us today on 0300 303 0228 or email email@example.com
Thank you to the ALLIANCE Self-Management Fund, the Scottish Government and the William Grant Foundation for their support in bringing this service to you.
If you live in Fife, East Renfrewshire or Midlothian, find out more about the local support that ENABLE Scotland can offer you here.