Barriers to an equal society
We have come a long way since ENABLE Scotland’s founding families started campaigning in 1954.
But people who have learning disabilities still face inequality every day:
- Only 6.3% of people who have a learning disability in Scotland are in paid employment
- 90% of people who have a learning disability have been bullied
- 60% of young people who have a learning disability told ENABLE Scotland they feel lonely at school
- 1 in 3 people who have a learning disability cannot name one close friend
- People who have a learning disability die 20 years younger than their peers
- That’s why our voice as a member-led charity is so important.
Through our campaigns we push for real change, and fight for the rights of people who have a learning disability and their families across Scotland.
Find out how you can get involved today and help us take big steps towards an equal society for every person who has a learning disability.