“As a member of ENABLE Scotland, I am part of an active and growing community that connects, campaigns and empowers people to stand up for their human rights.”
All members of ENABLE Scotland, access :
- A community – join our active network of local ACE Groups, Branches, and digital Family and ACE Connect sessions.
- A voice – lead and be involved in campaigning for change to uphold the human rights of every person who has a learning disability and their family in Scotland.
- A vote – ENABLE Scotland members have a say in how the charity is run. Members of ENABLE Scotland are invited to our AGM, and vote to approve our annual accounts.
- A leadership role – ENABLE Scotland members can also stand for election to our unique member-led Scottish Council, which guides ENABLE Scotland’s campaigns and links to the Board of Trustees.
- Advice – a dedicated freephone helpline – Family Connect – to provide you with information and advice about your rights to education, health, social care support, welfare rights, and much much more!
- Help – a dedicated freephone helpline – ACE Connect – to provide a listening ear for any person who has a learning disability who is feeling lonely, isolated or anxious.
- Information – a monthly update email with all the latest news about ENABLE Scotland and other news which is important to people who have a learning disability and their families.
- Support to be the change in your community – be an ambassador, fundraise, or set up a local group – help us reach every person who needs us.
Together, our members achieved great things. Not only do they contribute to real change and build peer support networks, but they also gain invaluable skills in self advocacy, leadership, autonomy and independence.
We are delighted to introduce our first ever ENABLE Scotland Membership Ambassadors!
Each of them works hard with us to create an equal society for every person who has a learning disability – read more about them here!
If you are already a member of ENABLE Scotland, please visit the members’ area here – you will need your unique membership number to log in!
If you have any problems, you can get support by:
- Phoning our helpline
- Family Connect: 0300 3030 228