Family Connect is an online community for family carers.
Family Connect was created in partnership with the Families Committee of Scottish Council. It offers:
Family Connect is:
- Weekly Family Connect Zoom sessions on topics selected by families, featuring external speakers.
- A freephone Family Connect Helpline with a dedicated casework and advice service – including access to our specialist welfare rights service, and Scotland’s first ever national Self Directed Support helpline for families and individuals who have a learning disability
- Family Connect Facebook Page with message function – keeping people connected at all times.
- Family Connect Factsheets on important topics such as housing, welfare rights and SDS.
- Family Connect monthly email updates with key information about Covid-19 guidance, events, and other information for family carers and about learning disability.
“ENABLE’s Family Connect service helps other mothers and carers like me to find information that is so important. A lot of people are out there trying their best, with little to no support, and we need to be there for each other. ENABLE and others do lots of great things to help people by connecting them to important information and support services, and Family Connect really is at the heart of that. Connecting people and helping them to make some new friends and learn a lot about what help there is for them”.
Get more information and join Family Connect today. You can also join the #ENABLEfamily by signing up as an ENABLE Scotland member – we look forward to hearing from you and supporting you in whatever way you need us.Get more Information Donate Become a member of ENABLE Scotland