At ENABLE Scotland, we believe that human rights driven, self-directed social care transforms lives. But we also know that not everyone in Scotland knows about their rights to self-directed support, or how to access it.
YOUR Life – YOUR Support – YOUR Way.
Through Family Connect, we are proud to offer Scotland’s only dedicated specialist Self Directed Support (SDS) adviser and casework service – free of charge, to any individual and their family in Scotland.
Building on the success of our SDS project in Fife, which has supported hundreds of individuals with learning disabilities and their families, and the learning from our digital Connects programme developed during the pandemic, ENABLE Scotland’s National SDS service is the first national advice line on self-directed support for individuals, carers, and families – everywhere in Scotland.
And even better – most national information lines focus on family carers only. Our service is the first national digitally enabled advice service which will offer accessible information, advice and 1:1 support, with no time limit, to people with a learning disability themselves too.
What can the SDS National Service offer you?
- Freephone telephone advice and support
- Providing accessible SDS advice and guidance in a way you understand.
- Online information sessions and peer discussions
- 1:1 support with no time limit.
- Ongoing casework for more complex cases.
- Helping you to understand the 4 Budget Options and what they can mean to you.
- Support with Assessments, Reviews and Person-Centred Planning.
- Advocating on your behalf or representing you with Social work, School, Health or other Professionals meetings (Being YOUR Voice).
- Empowering you to positively challenge decision makers.
- Help to use your social care budget more creatively.
- Empowering you to take control of your support, and find the things that are really important to you and your life.
- Raising Awareness of SDS everywhere in Scotland.
We believe in the power of SDS and want to empower everyone to access it, everywhere in Scotland. Through this service, we can ensure that people who have a learning disability across Scotland are supported to live the lives they choose.
YOUR life, YOUR way…… YOU are in control!
Call us today on 0300 303 0228 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to the ALLIANCE Self Management Fund, the Scottish Government and the William Grant Foundation for their support in bringing this service to you.